Closing Date: 09 Apr 2018
Responsible to the Project Manager
Locations: 1 x Lisburn/Belfast. 2 x Lurgan/Newry
- Meet or exceed targets, KPIs and success indicators that are set and agreed.
- Recruit participants through relationship building with referral agencies and hubs in the area.
- Provide intensive employability and progression support to participants identified as job ready.
- Carry out job or education provider interview preparation with participants to support participant progression into education training and employment
- Design and deliver targeted pre-employment training programmes for participants, maximising their preparedness for specific and non-specific vacancies.
- Maintain regular face-to-face contact with relevant Job Mentors/Family Liaison Officers to ensure that job/placement opportunities are appropriate for their customers, to match job seekers to employment opportunities.
- Engage with key stakeholders, as directed and agreed with Project Manager, to maximise the benefits for employers and clients.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with local employers, providing them with a holistic solution aligned with the products and services that People 1st offer, in order to provide job, skills and training opportunities to our clients and, establish People 1st as the partner of choice.
- Conduct the appropriate follow up procedures to obtain feedback from employers, monitor and evaluate the quality of the service provided to employers, securing repeat business.
- Support the process of evaluating the experience of individuals and employers on completing or leaving a programme. Identify success stories, collecting appropriate information to use in promotional material.
- Manage own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in performance reviews.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety, Information Security and IT.
- Compliance with ‘live’ self-evaluation processes and contribution to quality improvement planning to ISEF standards
- Ensure a professional and positive working relationship with internal and external customers and continually strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the line manager, with the level of the post and the competency of the post holder.
The details contained in this job description reflect the requirements of the role at the date it was prepared. Over time roles may change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, People 1st will expect to revise this job description from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications – Maths/English at A-C standard or equivalent (as a minimum). A third level degree is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- Minimum of one year experience in a recruitment, sales, training and/or customer facing role.
- Experience of working in a target orientated environment with a demonstrable track record of achieving and beating targets.
- Good knowledge of the local labour market
- Competent IT user – Office applications and databases / CRM systems
- Previous cold calling / telemarketing experience.
- Ability to develop and stage presentations to promote business.
- A recognised qualification in Advice and Guidance Level 3 or above
CORE COMPETENCIES/ BEHAVIOURS / CAPABILITIES
- Possesses drive, energy, determination and confident approach to executing tasks.
- Positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a ‘can do attitude’
- A genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of the economically inactive/long term unemployed and alignment with organisational vision and values.
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening skills with the ability to build rapport and influence outcomes
- Good questioning skills with the ability to interpret responses and build rapport with clients and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task, organise and manage workload and take a flexible and adaptable approach to changing priorities.
- Outward looking and aware of wider local area policies and initiatives
- Clear and concise written skills
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to see the Application form and Job Monitoring form which you can download.