For adults aged 16 – 24 who are employed and want to up skill and obtain accreditation in their occupational area
ApprenticeshipNI is a work-based programme designed around the needs of employers. It offers recognised training and qualifications to new and existing employees aged 16 and over, across a wide range of apprenticeships at Level 2 and Level 3. An apprenticeship can give your employees the training and qualifications they need to get ahead and meet your business needs. Funding for Apprenticeships training costs are provided by the Department for the Economy (DfE) and an incentive payment (between £250 - £750 Per apprentice) is available for employers whose employees successfully complete the Apprenticeship programme at Level 2 and Level 3.
Eligibility - Candidates must:
• Be 24 or younger on their start date*;
• Employed, or about to take up work, for at least 21 hours a week (training must take place during their normal working hours);
• Meet a number of eligibility considerations, for example if you are a non-EU national or a public sector employee, or if you have previously achieved a recognised vocational qualification.
*If you are 25 years and over, there are apprenticeships available to you, however restrictions will apply.
Benefits of ApprenticeshipsNI
There are many benefits for you and your employer when you take part in an apprenticeship:
• Earn while you learn;
• Work alongside experienced staff;
• Receive off-the-job, quality training specific to your apprenticeship; and
• Gain qualifications related to your industry.
*For staff aged 25 years or over please click here
Who can participate?
If you are already employed, or about to be employed, and want to gain recognised qualifications which will improve your skills and enable you to progress within your chosen career, then the ApprenticeshipsNI programme is for you.
People 1st ApprenticeshipNI Programmes include:
• Advice and Guidance Support (Level 2)
• Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing (Level 2 & 3)
• Barbering (Level 2 & 3)
• Beauty Therapy (Level 2 & 3)
• Business Administration (Level 2 & 3)
• Catering and Professional Chefs (Level 2 & 3)
• Children's Care (Level 2 & 3)
• Construction (Level 2)
• Construction Crafts (Level 3)
• Painting and Decorating (Level 2 and 3)
• Creative and Digital Media (Level 3)
• Driving Goods Vehicles (Level 2 & 3)
• Food & Drink – Team leading (Level 2 & 3)
• Hairdressing (Level 2 & 3)
• Health and Social Care (Level 2 & 3)
• Hospitality (Level 2 & 3)
• Housing (Level 2 & 3)
• IT and Telecoms Professional (Level 2 & 3)
• IT User (Level 2 & 3)
• Logistics Operations (Level 3)
• Management (Level 3)
• Nail Services (Level 2 & 3)
• Playwork (Level 2 & 3)
• Providing Financial Services (Level 2 & 3)
• Recruitment (Level 3)
• Retail (Level 2 & 3)
How ApprenticeshipNI programme works:
Candidates will attend a series of workshops to complete the knowledge element of their programme. If possible, and to help meet employer operations, these workshops may be facilitated in your workplace.
In addition, an Assessor is assigned to the candidate to compete assessment in the workplace, of the candidates’ performance. All People 1st assessments are gathered through digital means and are held on a secure server. This allows for security of information and ensures no paperwork leaves the employer organisation.
People 1st are delighted to hold Direct Claims Status for all programmes. This means that, as soon as candidates have completed their qualifications, we can claim certificates without the need for a bi-annual visits from the awarding body.
Why choose People 1st:
• Training tailored to meet your individual needs
• One to one support from your career mentor
• Advice and guidance on professional and personal development
• All training delivered by highly qualified tutors and assessors
With over 25 years experience in delivering quality vocational training People 1st can deliver for you!
For more information contact your nearest People 1st Office