Apprenticeships have long been recognised as a valuable pathway to acquiring new skills, advancing one’s career, and boosting employability. Traditionally, these programs were often associated with younger individuals aged 16-24, looking to kickstart their professional journey. However, times have changed, and the doors to apprenticeships have swung open for individuals of all ages. The Department for the Economy’s ApprenticeshipsNI programme is leading the way, embracing a diverse pool of applicants.
Expanding Horizons: No Age Criteria
Gone are the days when apprenticeships were exclusively for school leavers or young adults. Now, there is no age limit to who can benefit from these invaluable programs. Whether you’re in your twenties or your fifties, if you’re eager to learn, develop new skills, and enhance your career prospects, apprenticeships are open to you. This inclusive approach ensures that everyone has a chance to grow professionally, regardless of their age.
Our Areas of Specialisation
At People 1st, a proud provider of the Apprenticeships NI programme under the Department for the Economy, we offer a wide range of apprenticeship opportunities in ten specialised areas. These areas cover various industries, catering to a diverse set of interests and career aspirations. Here are the ten areas we specialise in:
- Health and Social Care
- Hair, Barbering and Beauty
- Transport and Distribution
- Hospitality and Catering
- Business Administration and IT
- Children’s Care Learning and Development
- Construction and Building Services
- Retail and Customer Care
- Team Leading and Management
Diving Deeper into Apprenticeships
Now that you’re aware of the diverse fields we cater to, let’s delve into what an apprenticeship entails and why it’s a fantastic opportunity for individuals of all ages:
- Hands-on Learning: Apprenticeships are characterised by learning on the job. This means you gain practical experience and skills directly related to your chosen field.
- Earn While You Learn: One of the key advantages of apprenticeships is that you earn a wage while you’re training. This can help alleviate financial pressures while you pursue your qualification.
- Industry-Recognised Qualifications: Successful completion of an apprenticeship often results in industry-recognised qualifications, such as NVQs, which can significantly boost your career prospects.
- Mentorship and Support: You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with experienced professionals who can guide and mentor you throughout your apprenticeship journey.
- Career Progression: Apprenticeships can lead to fulfilling, long-term careers. Many individuals who start as apprentices go on to become leaders in their respective fields.
- Adaptability: Regardless of your prior experience or age, apprenticeships can be tailored to suit your needs and learning pace.
How to start an Apprenticeship with People 1st
If you’re interested in embarking on an apprenticeship journey, we encourage you to reach out to our dedicated team. Our experts can guide you through the application process, answer your questions, and help you select the apprenticeship program that aligns with your goals and aspirations. Whether you’re looking to enhance your current career or make a fresh start, there’s an apprenticeship opportunity waiting for you. Find out further information here and who to contact in your sector:
Apprenticeships are no longer reserved for the young; they are a universal path to skill development, career advancement, and personal growth. As a provider for the Department for the Economy’s Apprenticeships NI programme, we are proud to offer these opportunities to individuals of all ages. So, if you’re ready to take the next step in your professional journey, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team. Your dream career could be just an apprenticeship away.
Please find the Department for the Economy’s press release announcing the All Age Apprenticeships below: