01 Mar 2021
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR LEVELS - 2,3 & 5
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
The qualification is suitable for those who work in adult health and social care residential services, non-residential adult health and social care services, such as day services, domiciliary services, community based services or respite service, and whose role is a registered manager, manager, assistant / deputy manager or senior care / support worker.
It is continuous professional development (CPD) at a high level and is the specific qualification required to comply with RQIA requirements for adult social care residential settings.
Delivery & Assessment
- Monthly Zoom master classes which focus on best practice in the health & social care sector
- Candidates will be allocated an assessor who will work with them on a one-to-one basis in their setting to support them through the qualification
- Assessors use digital assessment methods which reduce the volume of written work for the candidate and ensure confidentiality within the workplace, as no paperwork is required to leave the setting
- Individual development plans for each candidate which will consider current skills, knowledge and experience matched to achievable learning objectives
- Typical duration 12 - 18 months, depending on experience
- Delivery available across Northern Ireland.
Candidates must be able to show evidence of:
- Being able to commit to the time required, (approx. 300 hours), to access resources, complete research and submit assignments in a timely manner
- Minimum of 18 months experience in a health and/or social care setting working at deputy manager level
- Proven record of excellent care provision and skills management as per RQIA Minimum Standards
- Sound knowledge of RQIA minimum standards, Northern Ireland Regulations and NISCC Codes of conduct and practice
- Confidence to lead and manage a team
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with multi disciplinary professionals, colleagues and relatives
- Ability to proficiently use ICT and upload documents
- Undertaking staff supervisions as per supervision legislation
- Leading staff team meetings
- Implementing organisational agreed ways of working including improvement of processes and systems
- Ability to carry out management duties as required under the direction of manager
- Candidates can speak directly to our Health & Social Care Co-ordinator to establish suitability for the course.
START DATE - Monday 1st March
TIME - 9.30am - 3.30pm
COST - £1350 + VAT per person (payment plan available)
LOCATION - Online via zoom
Level 2/Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
We currently offering 2 accredited programmes; QCF Diploma in Health & Social Care at Levels 2 or 3.
In order to achieve the qualifications, participants need to be working in a Health & Social Care setting and if following the level 3 pathway then ideally participants are required to have a level of responsibility; such as a supervisor.
Both Level 2 & Level 3 programmes are facilitated via a 3 hour workshops (fortnightly) and there are approximately 20 sessions for each level. In addition to the workshops, participants will be allocated an Assessor who supports them on a one-to- one basis in the workplace and will carry out assessments. The Assessor will use digital assessment methods which will reduce the volume of written work required, this is usually done via tape recoded discussions with the candidate and their work colleagues/line manager.
Funding may be available for individuals under the age of 25 who are employed for 21 hours or more per week.
Registrations now open
Time 10.00am - 1.00pm (fortnightly)
Delivery Online via Zoom
If you would like to book a place on the course or would like any further information email email@example.com or telephone Cathy on 07308232416