NVQ LEVEL 2 IN BARBERING
• shampooing, blow drying,
• cutting and styling hair
• greeting customers and running the salon reception
• advising customers on cutting styles
• assist with shaving and cutting facial hair
NVQs are assessed at work or in a realistic working environment. For each unit, an assessor observes you carrying out different services and checks your understanding. This information will be recorded in your logbook, which then provides formal evidence of your learning.
For these qualifications, you will practice hairdressing, learn the knowledge required and organize your own study. You will record your achievements in a logbook packed with hints and tips from industry experts.
You might also use MHD Academy which provides you with high quality professional video-based resources, step by step PDF's, fact sheets, handouts and glossaries.
You already have barbering qualifications and want to become a Senior Stylist.
You want a short specialist award to attain specific hairdressing and barbering skills.
Job Roles within the Barbering Industry
A BARBERING NVQ can jump-start your career in barbering.
To run your own salon or specialize in particular hair types or barbering treatments, you might want to think about these other qualifications too:
• Level 3 Certificates and Diplomas in barbering - update and learn new skills and techniques
• Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effect, Hair and Media Make-up - update and learn new skills and techniques
• Level 4 Diploma in Management Practices and Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector - the skills to run your own hair salon.
• Award in Contact Dermatitis Prevention - the techniques to protect customers from infection.