If you are interested in working part time for People 1st, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity to join our Joinery team in Dundrod, at our People 1st Construction Training Academy.
At People 1st we have a large team of ‘associate’ tutors. Being an associate tutor offers more flexibility to those who are looking for part-time work to suit personal and professional circumstances, while still earning an attractive hourly rate. At People 1st we are focused on developing our team and support our associate tutors with the opportunity to progress and engage in Continuous Professional Development.
“The most important thing for me that as a People 1st associate, you are still part of a team where you have excellent support and guidance when needed and are included in the company’s wide range of CPD provision and progression opportunities. I started as an associate tutor and am now IQA and Curriculum lead for CCLD. You also have flexibility with working, gain the benefits that come with being self-employed and also job satisfaction with teaching and achievements of learners.” Jennifer Boyle, CCLD IQA and Curriculum Lead
ASSOCIATE JOINERY TUTOR/ ASSESSOR:
Are you an experienced joiner and ready for a change? Do you like explaining to others how to do things? Then how about working in a teaching role with People 1st? We have a custom-built Construction Training Academy at the C.I.T.B training grounds in Dundrod, and we need a Joinery NVQ Assessor to join the team!
- Location: CITB Dundrod, People 1st Construction Training Academy
- Responsible to: Centre Manager
- Hourly Rate: £20-25
- Hours currently available: 12 hours
- WORKING HOURS: Full day =6 hours
- Job closing date: 12 noon, Friday 2nd Dec 2022
It is at this training facility where our young people learn the skills needed for the carpentry industry, and you will be an essential part of their learning journey. Aged 16-24, the People 1st learners are studying for their Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ Assessments in Site Carpentry on our Skills for Life and Work and ApprenticeshipsNI programmes. Part of your role will be carrying out initial and diagnostic assessments which will help inform group learning plans and allow accurate tracking of each participants progression towards the required target level for each NVQ.
We are also looking for someone who is an active participant in the company’s quality improvement processes, open to self-evaluation and proficient in paperwork and organisation as you will be tasked with administrating all the necessary Department for Economy forms as well as other appropriate documentation, compliant with departmental guidelines.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in site Carpentry
- Site experience attained across first fixing, second fixing and roofing
- GCSE grade ‘C’ or equivalent in Math and English.
- Either hold, be working towards or happy to work towards a recognised teaching qualification, i.e., PGCE, B Ed, Certificate in Teaching (UUJ), or Diploma in Teaching and Management of Essential Skills.
- A current driving licence and access to a car.
- An effective communicator, sympathetic and understanding to the needs of young people.
- A high degree of commitment, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and promote ideas effectively.
- Experience in the delivery of accredited programmes
- Assessor award (Can be obtained in house)
- Positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a “can do” attitude
- Confident and professional approach
- Organised and efficient methods of working
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise workload and adapt rapidly to changing priorities
- Systematic approach to data collection, analysis and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of the long
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
To apply please send a copy of your cv to our Jacqueline Mc Stravick in our rectruitment team on [email protected] by 12 noon on Friday 2nd December, 2022.
Best of luck to all applying!