>28 Sep 2020
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE LEVEL 5 ADULTS’ MANAGEMENT
HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE LEVEL 5 ADULTS’ RESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT
START DATE MONDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2020 – AVAILABLE N. IRELAND WIDE
The qualification is suitable for those who work in adult health and social care residential services, non-residential adult health and social care services, such as day services, domiciliary services, community based services or respite service, and whose role is as a registered manager, manager, assistant / deputy manager or senior care / support worker.
It is continuous professional development (CPD) at a high level and is the specific qualification required to comply with RQIA requirements for adult social care residential settings.
Delivery & Assessment
- Monthly Zoom master classes which focus on best practice in the health & social care sector (typically 9.30pm-3.30pm)
- Candidates will be allocated an assessor who will work with them on a one-to-one basis in their setting to support them through the qualification
- Assessors use digital assessment methods which reduce the volume of written work for the candidate and ensure confidentiality within the workplace, as no paperwork is required to leave the setting
- Individual development plans for each candidate which will consider current skills, knowledge and experience matched to achievable learning objectives
- Typical duration 12 - 18 months, depending on experience
- Delivery available across Northern Ireland.
Candidates must be able to show evidence of:
- Being able to commit to the time required, (approx. 300 hours), to access resources, complete research and submit assignments in a timely manner
- Minimum of 18 months experience in a health and/or social care setting working at deputy manager level
- Proven record of excellent care provision and skills management as per RQIA Minimum Standards
- Sound knowledge of RQIA minimum standards, Northern Ireland Regulations and NISCC Codes of conduct and practice
- Confidence to lead and manage a team
- Ability to liase and communicate effectively with multi disciplinary professionals, colleagues and relatives
- Ability to proficiently use ICT and upload documents
- Undertaking staff supervisions as per supervision legislation
- Leading staff team meetings
- Implementing organisational agreed ways of working including improvement of processes and systems
- Ability to carry out management duties as required under the direction of manager
- Candidates can speak directly to our Health & Social Care Co-ordinator to establish suitability for the course.
START DATE – MONDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2020 from 9.30m to 3.30pm.
COST - £1350 + VAT per person (payment plan available)
If you would like to book a place on the course or would like any further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Cathy on 07308 232416