For adults who are employed and want to up skill and obtain accreditation in their occupational area
ApprenticeshipNI is a work-based programme designed around the needs of employers. It offers recognised training and qualifications to new and existing employees aged 16 and over, across a wide range of apprenticeships at Level 2 and Level 3. An apprenticeship can give your employees the training and qualifications they need to get ahead and meet your business needs. Funding for Apprenticeships training costs are provided by the Department for the Economy (DfE) and an incentive payment (between £250 - £750 Per apprentice) is available for employers whose employees successfully complete the Apprenticeship programme at Level 2 and Level 3.
Eligibility - Candidates must:
• Be 24 or younger on their start date*;
• Employed, or about to take up work, for at least 21 hours a week (training must take place during their normal working hours);
• Some additional eligibility criteria may apply you are a non-EU national or a public sector employee, or if you have previously achieved a recognised vocational qualification, a People 1st advisor will be able to discuss your individual circumstances.
*If you are 25 years and over, there are apprenticeships available to you, however restrictions will apply.
Benefits of ApprenticeshipsNI
There are many benefits for you and your employer when you take part in an apprenticeship:
• Earn while you learn;
• Work alongside experienced staff;
• Receive off-the-job, quality training specific to your apprenticeship; and
• Gain qualifications related to your industry.
Who can participate?
If you are already employed, or about to be employed, and want to gain recognised qualifications which will improve your skills and enable you to progress within your chosen career, then the ApprenticeshipsNI programme is for you.
People 1st ApprenticeshipsNI Programmes include:
• Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing (Level 2 & 3)
• Barbering (Level 2 & 3)
• Business Administration (Level 2 & 3)
• Catering and Professional Chefs (Level 2 & 3)
• Children’s Care Learning and Development (Level 2 & 3)
• Construction (Level 2)
• Construction Crafts (Level 3)
• Customer Service (Level 2 & 3)
• Electrotechnical (Level 3)
• Food & Drink (Level 2 & 3)
• Hairdressing (Level 2 & 3)
• Health and Social Care (Level 2 & 3)
• Hospitality (Level 2 & 3)
• IT and Telecoms Professional (Level 2 & 3)
• IT User (Level 2 & 3)
• Logistics Operations (Level 3)
• Management (Level 3)
• Playwork (Level 2 & 3)
• Plumbing (Level 2)
• Plumbing and Heating (Level 3)
• Providing Financial Services (Level 2 & 3)
• Retail (Level 2 & 3)
• Social Media and Digital Marketing (Level 3)
• Team Leading (Level 2)
• Warehousing and Storage (Level 2)
How ApprenticeshipsNI programme works:
Candidates will attend a series of workshops to complete the knowledge element of their programme. If possible, and to help meet employer operations, these workshops may be facilitated in your workplace.
In addition, an Assessor is assigned to the candidate to compete assessment in the workplace, of the candidates’ performance. All People 1st assessments are gathered through digital means and are held on a secure server. This allows for security of information and ensures no paperwork leaves the employer organisation.
People 1st are delighted to hold Direct Claims Status for all programmes. This means that, as soon as candidates have completed their qualifications, we can claim certificates without the need for a bi-annual visits from the awarding body.
Why choose People 1st:
• Training tailored to meet your individual needs
• One to one support from your career mentor
• Advice and guidance on professional and personal development
• All training delivered by highly qualified tutors and assessors
With over 25 years experience in delivering quality vocational training People 1st can deliver for you!
For more information contact your nearest People 1st Office