What We Do
A major contract holder for Departments for Communities and Economy, offering a range of occupational training and qualifications to over 3,500+ learners including:
- ApprenticeshipsNI: employed adults wanting to upskill/obtain accreditation in occupational area; in 15 vocational areas.
- Training for Success: school leavers, teaching the skills and qualifications required for the workplace;
- Steps to Success: for unemployed adults wishing to enter the labour market;
- LEMIS+: employment initiative for those furthest from the labour market across Lisburn, Castlereagh, North Down, Ards, and Newry & Mourne; and,
- Community Family Support Programme (CFSP): helping families to overcome barriers to education, training or employment.
- Contract holder for Department of Justice (ROI) – WISE (Women Integrated Skills and Employment); helping women to overcome barriers to education, training or employment.
- Sub-contract with Seetec for the ROI flagship employability programme, JobPath, for unemployed adults wishing to enter the labour market.
We have centres in Belfast (3), Newry, Nutts Corner, Lisburn, Portadown, Lurgan and Donegal (3).
Through these and our extensive range of bespoke corporate training, People 1st meet the needs of a diverse range of customers – including over 800 private, public and third sector businesses; young school leavers; and, unemployed and economically inactive people.